Monday, December 3, 2012

The Games of Hunger by David Stodolny

I like how even the handheld camera feel of the movie is being replicated here. Too bad about the Mario cameo. I guess it's in line with the Dreamworks pop culture references and the kids do come out of the pipes, but still, it would have been nicely contained within the Hunger Games world without it. Rant Monday I guess.
But what's better here than in the movie is her use of the bow as a final measure. After all the fuss that's being made in the movie about her being such a good shot, she barely uses it in the movie. Wasted opportunity! Same goes for "Brave". It's all about her bow and arrow, but it's barely being used in the movie. RANT MONDAY!!
Anyway. According to Cartoon Brew:



Dreamworks animator David Stodolny has been working for the past 3 months in evenings and on weekends on this hand-drawn parody of The Hunger Games.

I miss 2D.

1 comment:

Aaron Ludwig said...

My thoughts exactly on the Mario thing.